Friday, June 20, 2008

Cancelled Due to Lack of Interest

No, not my blog.
After reading this, any stay-at-home mom will sympathize. Anyone else will label me with two words, "OVER REACTOR". I have a handful of things that I like to do that remind me that deep down inside, "I" still exist. I love to do crafts. I won't devote an entire blog to it as I also like to bathe, eat, and sleep. My friend invited me to a "Crop Night" on Friday from 5pm-midnight. That is 7 hours of pure scrapbooking bliss! I got my permission slip signed and made the call to reserve my spot. They asked for my credit card number to reserve my spot. Wow, this must be a pretty big deal. I've never done anything like this before, so I assumed this must be an event. At this point, Friday was still a couple of days away. I was planning on which pictures I would take and when I would find the time to organize my supplies. Later on that day, I get in the car to go somewhere and I noticed that my cell phone had a voicemail. (It doesn't ring in the house out hear in the holler.) I'm driving along and I hear, "Mrs. B, we are going to cancel the crop night for Friday due to lack of interest. We hope you can join us in July!". WHAT!!! Lack of interest. I'm interested! Isn't my $10 worth anything! July? Maybe you could wait for your paycheck until July! For me, this was the equivalent of having your birthday party cancelled as a child.
Well, here it is Friday. I'm finished with my tantrum. July will be here before I know it.

No comments: