Thursday, November 6, 2008

Be Careful Little Ears What You Hear


My middle child is intensely funny. She keeps me in stitches and provides a heapin' helping of what I call "blog fodder". We were out of town a couple of weeks ago. The morning we were leaving the hotel to come home, we caught the end of the movie "Evan Almighty". Pretty cute movie. A few days after we came home, the kids and I went to the grocery store. I always park right by the "Cart Corral". This allows me to park my behemoth van with no fear that anyone will park beside me and we all have to enter through the drivers side and also none of my children will fall out of the vehicle and the door will not bang into one of my husband's patient's brand new white Cadillac! Not to mention any names (mason). After our shopping trip, I loaded up the van with kids and groceries and went to put the cart away. An elderly man with a long white beard is also putting his cart away right beside our van. I hear my daughter say, in her best news reporter voice, "The Weirdo with the Beardo". You know how you try to act like "whose kids are those and where is their mother?". Didn't work out so well. My two year old is smiling and waving at me. After I stopped secretly laughing, I gently informed my daughter that was not a nice thing to say. I got the usual and customary, "I'm sorry. I didn't know." Why do children pick out the most obscure things from something they've seen or heard and use them at the most inopportune times?

2 comments:

Mical said...

Way too much fun! What a fun story, Kara! (Do you spell your name with a "K" or a "C"?)

(This is Mical over at Fun and Faithful Tales!)

What fun! Hope you are doing well! And I believe I'll be seeing you at Mammoth Cave this weekend! Yay!

jan said...

After spending some time with her this weekend I can see what you're up against! :-) She is a character! Life will NEVER be boring with her along for the ride. :-)