Monday, October 20, 2008

Aggravation

Has anyone ever received a gift for your child that is age inappropriate? My son received a board game for his third birthday that said on the box "ages 6 &up" . We put it up in the top of his closet hoping he wouldn't notice. That boy looked longingly up into the top of that closet for three years! "Why can't I play this game?" "When can I play this game?" Finally, the long awaited 6th birthday arrives. Boy gets to play game. Wouldn't you know it? It was a regift! Half of the marbles were gone! We could not play the game! Isn't that life sometimes? We put our hopes in something other than God. "This will make me happy." " If only I could do this, then I'd be fulfilled!" Only to be letdown when we finally get what we coveted. Oh, and by the way, the game was "Aggravation".

3 comments:

Wani said...

geez... don't people know there are rules to regifting?!? Seriously!!

Unknown said...

I'm with Wani! Geeze! Poor Mason. Good tie-in with our spiritual life! You should mention that to Dad. I know he'd appreciate it.

BTW, how are you feeling these days? We've missed you!!!

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Andrea: Do you know where our old Aggravation game is? I borrowed some marbles from it and need to put them back.