Monday, October 20, 2008

Finders Keepers

I love how enormous daily events are when you are a kid. My daughter was helping me make my bed the other day. When we shook out the covers, a penny flew out & hit the floor. She gleefully picked it up and said, "Finders keepers, losers weepers!" I smiled at her and we continued on with our day. Later on, we were in the kitchen making dinner and she dropped her penny. She screamed, "My Penny!!!" and dove on this thing like she had fumbled at the Super Bowl! It was a sight to see. She did beat both of her brothers to the penny, though.

2 comments:

Wani said...

wow... that's a girl after my own heart!

Unknown said...

Way to go, Corrine! It's amazing how important the little, seemingly valueless things in life are to kids. I always think I want to be like that...appreciating the little things instead of taking them for granted.