Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful

A Few Things I'm Thankful For....

my salvation in Christ the Lord.

a messy house filled with children running and laughing (and sometimes fighting)

a smile from my youngest first thing in the morning with a greeting of, "Hi Momma" with so much enthusiasm. Like he hadn't seen me for days.

how God has given them each their own personalities and hearts for Him.

my husband and how he has given himself up for me.

the love of my family.

that my mom survived and was completely restored so many years ago.

that I had a grandmother who prayed.

my church family.

watching my Grandpa dance with my niece yesterday.

listening to my dad sing.

my sisters and their families.

my mother-in-law who is my biggest fan.

that I'm an American.

for God's creation.

that I have so many examples of godly men and women in my life.

that my oldest wants to be a missionary when he grows up (and a superhero!)

that my daughter has a helpful spirit and reminds me that she's watching me each and every day!

that God forgives and shows grace and mercy to me EVERY DAY.

for our soldiers who sacrifice so that you and I can be free.

for God's sovereignty.

that people love me enough to take the time to read this list.


*I am thankful for so much more and cannot put it into words for fear that my tears of joy and thankfulness will short out this keyboard and cause an electrical fire which would be bad and yes, I know this is a run-on sentence.

"Be joyful always. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

4 comments:

Toni said...

Great list! I found myself saying,
"Ditto!" to so many things (well, okay. Not that your mil is *my* biggest fan, but....) ;D
Blessings,
~Toni~

Mical said...

What an amazing list! What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing. It was a blessing for this chilly, snowy, let's stay home and drink hot tea kind of day. Thank you for warming my heart today!

It was nice to see you at the craft night last night ... I was bummed to be pulled away ... I wanted to talk to you longer. :) Glad things are going well. You are a blessing. :)

kikipoo said...

Thank you Lord for blessing me with this child who has so much love for You. She is a wonderful Christian woman, mother, wife and daughter. She is an inspiration to our entire family.

Wani said...

You should scrapbook this list!!