Thursday, May 1, 2008

Planned Obsolescence

Overnight, I became "Mom" instead of "Momma". I think my five year old tried to set a record by using the word "mom" in a sentence as many times as she could to drive this point home. She is through with the whole "Momma" thing. She has been her own person since day one. If I could write a sentence to describe her, it would be: "I'll do it by myself!" *emphasis not mine. Most mothers would be thankful for her independence and self-motivation. I am to a degree, but I start thinking, "what does she need me for?" The truth is, she does need me. She needs me to be an example to her. To tame her little wild heart, to help her to realize God's plan and purpose for her life, to prepare her for marriage and parenthood. To teach her. There, I feel better already.


"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." Titus 2:3-5

2 comments:

jan said...

Good for you! Hang onto those words-raising a strong willed child is a long, wild ride. We are really seeing the fruit of our labor paying off though, now that ours' is sweet 16.
Don't forget Gal.6:9

Judy

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

She'll be ok. In fact, she'll be great. The thing that I notice about her the most is her compassion. Sure, she heaps most of it on Max, but she's compassionate.

By the way, the "WORD VERIFICATION" for this comment is "pignsirs". That's the strangest one I've ever seen.