Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Songbird

Anyone who has a child who puts her life to song will appreciate this. My 5 year old daughter spends most of her days pretending and playing and making up songs to go along with whatever she is doing. It truly is a delight. But, as with anything that happens day after day, it can also get somewhat annoying. I tune out most things. This past weekend, we stopped off at the local hardware store. It was a quick trip, so my husband went in alone while we waited in the car. A minivan pulls up beside us. Out comes an elderly gentlemen about as round as he was tall. The song she was currently singing was interrupted by, "I don't think that man is gonna fit in that door!"(set to music of course). It took every fiber of my being to not bust out in laughter!

7 comments:

Wani said...

Thats soo funny! Nate creates his own songs alot but nothing that good yet!

jan said...

I hope your windows weren't rolled down. :-)

My Thoughts Exactly said...

Oh, the windows were down.

kikipoo said...

Oh my lovely little songbird. Her voice alone is music to my ears, but it sounds like she is the spitting image of her mother in more ways than one. You used to do me the same way on so many occassions, I actually got to the place where I was afraid to take you out in public for fear of what you might say. Remember the time you had to go out of the dentist's office for laughing so hard at the little boy on his bike falling in the mud puddle ????

jan said...

Ahg! How embarrassing! Do you think he heard her?

Unknown said...

She makes life interesting, doesn't she????

Jordan H said...

Ha!

Wow. That is really funny.

Hope you guys have been doing well!

-Jordan