Saturday, April 5, 2008

Seek Professional Help






This is an adjunct to "Replace All Divots"




"Get that kid a haircut!"


"That boy needs a haircut!"


These are statements I've been hearing for a couple of months now. I realize that it needs done, but I'm hesitant to do so. For one, he's the baby. Two, he's the only one of my children to have any hair to speak of before age 2.




mul-let: "hairstyle short on top and long in back." online etymology dictionary



Once this terminology was used, I had no choice. I was looking at his blonde curls from behind. Beautiful....if you're a girl. I was at my parent's house, so I asked my mom if she had any scissors I could use. I'm not usually so impulsive, but I thought, "how hard can it be?" When will I learn? Afterward, I couldn't look at the poor child without conjuring up images from "Dumb and Dumber". My husband came home and said to me, "What happened here?" and then quoted a line from the movie, "Dumb and Dumber". I was hoping he wouldn't notice. Oh well!
All's well that ends well. The professionals at "Cookie Cutters" fixed my disaster.

5 comments:

kikipoo said...

And the line from Dumb and Dumber was: Come on Kara, don't be stingy NOW, after all the laughs you have given all of us. Print the quote from the movie. You cracked me up when you said it here at the house. I love your blog entries. They make my day, Mom

Wani said...

yeah... the pros make cutting hair look so easy. But its not... not really.

Unknown said...

Have I seen this famous haircut from Cookie Cutters? And how could you possibly have messed it up that bad?

Wani said...

Hey... I cut the boys' hair last night... when Nate spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's Saturday they decided to "trim" Nate's hair out of his eyes... I didn't mention it in the post because I didn't want to upset anyone but it was awful! You can see in Nate's before pix how choppy it was... I don't cut hair all that well but at least its even around his face now.
http://waniskids.blogspot.com/2008/04/clip-n-snip.html

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

There are SO MANY great lines from that movie. Here's one...

Harry: I can't believe we drove around all day, and there's not a single job in this town. There is nothing, nada, zip!

Lloyd: Yeah! Unless you wanna work forty hours a week.